WiseGuyz Program Facilitator
The Calgary Sexual Health Centre is a community-based organization that provides access to non- judgmental sexual and reproductive health services and supports across the lifespan. WiseGuyz is an award winning program of the Calgary Sexual Health Centre. WiseGuyz engages junior high boys in a weekly program that has four modules: human rights, sexual health, gender and the media, and healthy relationships. The program addresses the issues young men face and gives them tools to engage in healthy relationships; it helps young men understand the connection between masculinity and male norms, sexuality and violence; provides targeted education, skills development, and support to young men to help them achieve sexual well-being and healthy relationships.
Reporting to the Programs Manager, key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the WiseGuyz and Sexual Health programs in Junior and Senior High Schools
- Facilitate the WiseGuyz and Sexual Health programs in community settings
- Participate in the ongoing development and evaluation of the WiseGuyz program
- Participate as a member of the WiseGuyz research team
- Keep up to date on current trends, research and best practices in the field of sexual health, masculinity and healthy relationships
- Participates in community development activities to build program profile and maintain relationships with key community stakeholders
Desired qualifications include:
- A combination of relevant experience and related educational background
- Proven group facilitation experience
- Passion and comfort working with diverse populations of young men
- Knowledge of and comfort with sexuality and sexual health issues specifically related to young men
- Pro-choice philosophy
- Commitment to anti oppressive practices
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community partners
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and be able to work flexible hours
This position is 35 hours/week and includes evening and weekend work. We offer a competitive salary, fully paid benefits, a generous vacation plan and an excellent work environment. In keeping with our commitment to staff from diverse backgrounds, we encourage those who are traditionally marginalized to apply.
Please forward resume to:
#304, 301-14 Street N.W. Calgary, AB T2N 2A1
Or email to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
This position will remain posted until June 24, 2016 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be available for an in person interview.
At the Calgary Sexual Health Centre, volunteers play a vital role, however we are not currently recruiting new volunteers, please check back in September 2016. Thank you!